Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still in business !











Hello, sorry to not have updated in a while. Yes, still in business. My dear husband has been working hard on his job from hurricane Ike damage, finally the industrial plant he works at is up and totally running good again. Well he is now turning his attention to our home, he could not do much of that before because of his work schedule. I am so proud of the upgrades he has made to our home ! I thank God for him and the work he has done to fix our home up so nicely. There is still alot of fixing up, but it's getting done ! Obviously he hasn't got to do very much quilting in the past 8 months, but hopefully he can get back to some of his hobby. As for me and our blessings, we have been taking it slowly at most of our homeschooling. The exception is the reading. We will be working thruout the summer with intermittent breaks in working. Hey, you just got to have a fun movie and popcorn day, or a pic nic day ! You can still find ways that make them a learning opportunity . We do alot of our eating and schooling outside, it just works great for us. The quilting is kind of slow on my end also, I have many great ideas and quilts in progress in my head ( just not done yet ). Hopefully I can get back into the quilting groove. Probably will have to because done here in Texas, it gets mighty hot come summertime. We have been very blessed in our gardening lately, I have included a few pepper plant photos. I am eager to try some pickling and canning , maybe pepper slices and homeade salsa and hot sauces ! Well, that's it for today's update, hope you enjoy the photos !

No comments: